Healthy Pets, Happy People
Together, we work hard, laugh a lot, and constantly brainstorm. Above all else, our team is united by a passion for changing the lives of all animals, big and small.
Please bring in a resume and fill out an application any time during open hours. You can also send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please tell us about your most difficult client and pet experience and how you handled it, and what you learned from it. We will contact you shortly regarding any opportunities. We will always accept applicants for assistant, technician, and customer service representative positions.
Registered Veterinary Technician RVT (Part to Full Time)
Customer Service Representative Receptionist CSR (Full-Time)
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Ability to learn quickly and perform with confidence
- Computer proficiency
- Strong work ethic: self-starter, punctual, neat appearance, enthusiastic and attentive to detail
- Be able to communicate warmly and assertively to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Have a continual desire to improve, to increase your knowledge, and to share information with the team
- Can work Wednesday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM and Saturdays
- Able to work 8 or 10 hour shifts
- Must have a passion for animals and desire to help people
- Must have reliable transportation
FOR RVT POSITION:
A Registered Veterinary Technician is preferred, but we will consider non-RVT candidates with extensive clinic experience. We are looking for a candidate who has excellent technical and people skills. Specific duties will include:
- Prep and assist with surgery
- Perform dental cleanings, treatments, restraint, anesthesia, catheterization, sample collection
- Must be able to stand for an entire shift as needed and be able to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Focused and organized work habits
- Be meticulous in charting
- The ability to educate clients about common veterinary problems, disease prevention, and medications including flea and tick control is essential.
- Present and review care plans with clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Technicians in our hospital use their knowledge and skills to their potential. We are committed to learning from each other and increasing our skills. If you are qualified to do it, you get to do it. Spanish speaking ability is a plus, as is experience performing reception area tasks.
FOR CSR/RECEPTIONIST POSITION (Full-Time):
We are looking for a candidate who has extensive customer service skills and knowledge of common health concerns of companion animals for a part to full time temporary position. Our customer service staff members are the smiling, caring face of our hospital. Specific duties will include:
- Greeting clients
- Scheduling appointments
- Preparing charts
- Provide estimates
- Taking payments
- Straighten/stock/clean exam rooms and lobby
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 lb bags
- Be organized
- Be able to educate clients about flea and tick control
- Other duties as assigned
- Spanish speaking ability is a plus.